Have you ever been on a plane and wanted to watch a YouTube video but couldn’t because you didn’t have Internet access?
Perhaps you want to save a video to your computer because you’re low on data but couldn’t get online.
In the video below, I show you how to download a video to your computer, laptop, USB or mobile device, as well as how to download YouTube videos legally from other people’s channels.
Here are the steps to download a video from your own YouTube channel to your computer, laptop, or USB drive.
- Log in to YouTube channel.
- Click on the profile icon.
- Click YouTube Studio (beta).
- Click on Videos.
- Select the video that you wish to download.
- Click on the three dots labeled Options.
- Click download (ie desktop)
- Click Save
You’ll now see the video that’ was downloaded to your desktop. Keep in mind, you can also download the video from YouTube to your laptop or USB drive.
Here are the steps to legally download a YouTube video from other people’s channels to your computer, laptop, USB drive, or mobile device.
- Let’s first look at the legalese, so you don’t get in trouble from YouTube for downloading other people’s videos.
In YouTube’s Terms of Service section 5B, under Your Use of Content, it says, “Content is provided to you as is. You may access content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the service for that content.”
“You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube or a respective license source of the content. YouTube and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the service and the content.”
YouTube Premium is a service offered by YouTube that allows you to download other people’s YouTube videos on your desktop, laptop, USB drive, or mobile device.
You can get a one-month free trial for only $11.99 per month. There’s also a lot of other benefits.
- You can enjoy ad-free YouTube videos whenever you sign in on your mobile device, desktop, or enabled TV.
- You can save videos to your computer, laptop, USB drive, or mobile device whenever you’re low on data or can’t get online.
- Background play allows your video to play uninterrupted in the background even when you open another app.
- YouTube Music Premium allows you to explore the world of music ad-free offline, and with the screen locked, which is available on mobile and desktop devices.
- YouTube Originals allows you to discover original series and watch movies from today’s hottest talent.
What else is included with YouTube Premium?
- You have YouTube Kids, which allows ad-free and offline play in YouTube Kids app.
- YouTube Gaming, which is ad-free offline and background play in YouTube Gaming app.
- Google Play Music, which is included at no additional cost.
Now, you know how to download video from YouTube to your computer, laptop, USB drive, or mobile device.
Let me ask you a question….
Do you want to know how to use Creative Commons videos on YouTube without getting a copyright strike? If that’s a yes,. You’ll learn how to use other people’s videos in your own video without getting a copyright claim.
Do you want a grow your YouTube Channel this year so you can attract more views and subscribers? If so, pick up a copy of my 100+ page YouTube Marketing Guide at